Vanilla Bean Butter-cream Frosting
- 1 ½ cups of softened butter (salted preferred)
- 10 tablespoons of coconut oil , softened
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 ½ to 3 cups of confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk or non dairy alternative
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and coconut oil together with a whisk until smooth.
Using a paring knife split the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the caviar seeds from inside the bean and put into butter and beat for several seconds until it is mixed well into the butter/coconut mixture.
Add the confectioners sugar, half a cup at a time along with the pinch of salt, mixing in each half cup as you go.
Make sure all of the sugar is incorporated and then add your vanilla extract and milk/dairy alternative.
Beat until mixture is lovely and fluffly and scrape the bowl as you mix so everything gets incorporated and enjoy!